09 April 2008

 

What Rich People have to say about mixed martial arts

This is an interesting bit of "fish out of water" journalism from Condé Nast Portfolio Magazine:

Give Liddell a pocket calculator and sit him behind an office desk, and he becomes as tightly wound as a sofa spring. "When I'm figuring out my personal finances, I try to keep things as simple as possible so that the Feds won't be interested in me," says the former Ultimate Fighting Championship light-heavyweight champion. "They probably would be, if I still did my own taxes."


...

An accountant, of course, is someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had. Liddell solved Couture in the 2005 rematch by knocking him senseless in the opening round, and in the 2006 rubber match, a second-round KO.

When Liddell doesn't have numbers to crunch, he looks for skulls.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home